Energy bites are one of the newest and biggest food trends out there, and for good reason. They are easy to make, taste delicious, and, if you make a few simple substitutions, are good for you!
I took my favorite energy bites recipe and tweaked it a bit so that it was not just delicious, but better-for-you, too!
I used natural peanut butter, unsweetened coconut chips, and dark chocolate in place of some of the ingredients, and kept the flax seed, honey, vanilla and oats.
- 1/3 cup Honey,
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter,
- 1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats,
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips,
- 1/2 cup Ground Flaxseed,
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract,
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut
- Stir together all ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so. Roll into balls, and put in the refrigerator to harden. They'll keep for about a week (but I promise you they won't last that long!)
The combination of chocolate and peanut butter make these taste just like a peanut butter cup, the flaxseed and oats make it much healthier than one 🙂
Next up? I’d love to create an energy bite inspired by these Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies...wouldn’t that be delicious?
Have you made energy bites yet? If so, what is your favorite combination? I’d love to hear!
Thanks for reading all about my energy bites recipe! Have a crafty day!