It’s Summertime, and, for us, that means lots of cookouts, get togethers and other opportunities to make and share food with friends. And this year, folks, it’s been all about the dips. I’m sharing two today that I’ve made over and over this Summer-a yummy buffalo chicken dip, and a (spicy!) hot corn dip. My mouth’s watering just writing about these two. You must try at least one of these before Summer’s out….you’ll be back to thank me, I just know it.
Hot Corn Dip
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced small
- 1 small can (4oz) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 11oz can of corn, drained
- 1 small tomato
- 2 tbs green onions, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cheeses, chipotle and green peppers, mayo, garlic powder and corn together. Pour into an oven safe dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
- Top with diced tomatoes and green onions. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- celery sticks and tortilla chips for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Take first four ingredients and mix together in a 1 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
2. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks.
recipe adapted from taste of home