Looking for a quick, easy, and healthy meal? These Asian Noodle Bowls can be made with your choice of protein, and whatever veggies happen to be in your fridge!
This Asian Noodle Bowl is one of my new, go-to recipes, and for good reason.
It’s easy, delicious and so very versatile!
I first made it when I needed to get dinner on the table quickly one night, and I keep coming back to it. It’s just that good.
It starts with shaking up a quick marinade and sauce in a mason jar.
Spoiler alert: I often don’t even measure the ingredients for my marinade/sauce. It’s very forgiving that way if you feel like living on the edge, as well! 🙂
Next up, grab your protein, cut it up and give it a whirl around the frying pan.
Follow it up with your veggies. Anything goes here! I used a combination of red peppers, scallions, garlic, and sugar snap peas.
Carrots, zucchini, mushrooms and onions are other fantastic options!
Don’t forget your noodles! I use rice noodles, but you can use rice as well, if you prefer.
While your veggies are doing their thing, start cooking your noodles. I use about half a package of noodles for three people. Feel free to use the whole package and just refrigerate any leftover noodles!
Once your veggies are cooked, add back in your protein, sauce, noodles and you’re done!
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (you can easily sub in honey or maple syrup)
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Paste (add more for increased heat!)
- Package Rice Noodles
- Protein of Choice, Diced (I used chicken breasts for this recipe)
- Cooking Oil (olive oil is my go-to)
- Veggies of Choice (I used scallions, red bell pepper, and sugar snap peas)
- Lime and Cilantro to Top
- Combine your soy sauce, water, sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar and chili paste in a mason jar. Shake to combine. Set aside.
- Prep your protein (I used chicken breasts) by cutting into bite-sized pieces.
- Begin boiling water for your noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, fry your chicken (or other protein) with a little olive oil until golden brown. Add a little sauce, fry for a minute and set aside in a bowl.⠀
- Add a little more oil in to the pan (about a tablespoon) add your garlic and veggies, and stir fry until crisp.
- Add your cooked noodles and about half the sauce. Combine and heat through.
- Add in your protein and combine.
- Place in bowls and top with slices of lime and cilantro.
I can’t say enough good things about this recipe.
I’ve made it with both chicken and beef, and never prepare the same veggie combination twice.
The possibilities are endless!
Thanks so much for reading all about my Asian Noodle Bowls!
Have a great day!