To celebrate its launch, Rachel challenged me and a select group of talented bloggers to come up with a creative gift wrap idea using plain kraft paper. Who doesn’t love brown paper packages tied up with string?
Check out my holiday lights tutorial, then take a peek at all 24 creative kraft paper gift wrap ideas at the end of the post!
I love getting my kids involved in wrapping our holiday gifts.
It’s fun for them and adds a personalized touch to our gifts. I shared a tutorial two years ago for my holiday lights gift wrap, and I wanted to update it for this year!
The how-to is fairly simple. Wrap your gifts in plain white or kraft paper…
…and take a Sharpie or other dark marker to draw a string of lights.
Using washable finger paints (craft paint is fine, too, just be careful so it doesn’t stain!), have your kids make thumbprints along the light strand.
Let dry, then take your marker and add any finishing touches to the wrap.
Cute, huh? I really love how it turned out. LOTS of other kraft gift wrap ideas are below–take a look and check them all out!
1. Pom Pom Ice Cream Cone Gift Wrap by Let’s Wrap Stuff
2. Embroidered Wrapping Paper by Lines Across
3. Holiday Lights Gift Wrap by Burlap and Blue
4. Printable DIY Watercolor Gift Tags by Dawn Nicole
5. Chalkboard Painted Wrapping Paper by The Winthrop Chronicles
6. Let it Snow Neighbor Gift Printable by Ginger Snap Crafts
7. Upcycled Cardboard Gift Tags 3 Ways by Eat. Sleep. Make.
8. Kraft Paper Gift Card Envelope Printables by Delia Creates
9. Make + Give Christmas Tree Gift Topper by Make and Tell
10. DIY Wrench Wrapping Paper by Maker Mama
11. DIY Stamped Trees Gift Wrap by Shaken Together Life
12. Brown Paper Packages by Delineate Your Dwelling
13. Yarn Tassel Gift Wrap 2 Ways by Hands Occupied
14. Holiday Writing with Washi Tape by Club Chica Circle
15. Glitter-Dipped Gift Tags by The Thinking Closet
16. Coffee Container Christmas Gift Tags by Simply Kelly Designs
17. Gift Wrapping Ideas by C.R.A.F.T.
18. Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas by Making Home Base
19. Sewn Brown Paper Gift Card Gift Giving by Dream a Little Bigger
20. Chalkboard Gift Tag & Ornament by Tried and True
21. Easy Holly Ornament Gift Tag by Rae Gun Ramblings
22. Printable Hand-Lettered Christmas Tags by Persia Lou
23. Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas by Eighteen25
24. Washi Tape Christmas Tree Gift Card Box by That’s What Che Said
Super cute, right?
Bonus points for saving money on your wrapping paper (kraft paper is so inexpensive!), and for putting a smile on the faces of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and anyone else who receives one of these adorable creations.