No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is made with fresh strawberries and a delicious buttery graham cracker crust.
The best part is that you can whip this cool dessert up the night before because it needs to chill for about eight hours anyway. The easy cheesecake recipe requires no baking, so you don’t have to worry about heating up the house.
Other strawberry desserts are great things too, but this simple recipe is perfectly flavored with just the right amounts of sweetness and tanginess.
The fresh strawberry puree gives it great flavor and with a crust made from cookie crumbs, you cannot go wrong.
No bake strawberry cheesecake
A no bake cheesecake is so much lighter and fluffier than regular cheesecake, it is perfect for a summer party or barbecue.
Freeze the strawberry cake before serving if you are eating outside and it will reach the perfect consistency within minutes of serving.
No matter how you serve it, this is one of the best cheesecakes you will ever have.
Looking for a more traditional cheesecake? Try this fool-proof classic cheesecake recipe that is better than the cheesecake factory cheesecake!
Ingredients for strawberry cheesecake
You only need these simple ingredients for this no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe.
Scroll down to our recipe card for measurements and step-by-step instructions.
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries work best.
- Granulated sugar: Divided.
- Corn starch
- Cream cheese: Full fat cream cheese for best results.
- Lemon juice
- Garnish: Whipped topping (Cool Whip) and fresh strawberries.
- Granulated sugar
- Melted butter
- Graham cracker crumbs
How to make no bake strawberry cheesecake from scratch?
- Prepare: First, line the bottom and sides of a nine-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Make the crust: Then, mix the butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Press onto the bottom of the pan making sure to push it up to cover about an inch up the sides. Put it in the fridge to chill while you prepare the strawberry mixture.
- Make the strawberry filling: First, rinse strawberries and cut into chunks. Then, puree them in a blender or food processor until it is smooth. After, strain it through a fine mesh strainer.
- Whisk: Next, whisk the strawberry puree in a medium bowl with one cup sugar and corn starch until it is smooth.
- Reduce the sauce: After, put the mixture into a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat until it is thick. Set it aside to cool.
- Beat: Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high speed until it is smooth.
- Combine: Add 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and strawberry sauce to the bowl. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Fill: Lastly, spread the cheesecake into the prepared crust mixture with a rubber spatula. Chill for six to eight hours (or overnight) in the fridge until it is completely set.
- Serve: Finally, garnish with whipped cream florets and sliced strawberries and serve your delicious dessert.
- Whipped topping: You can also use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream mixed with your whisk attachment on your hand mixer or paddle attachment on your stand mixer. Beat until you have stiff peaks.
- Extract: Add vanilla extract or your favorite flavor such as banana, orange, or strawberry.
- Cream: Feel free to add a ¼ cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt to your cream cheese mixture to make it creamier.
- Other fruit: You could also use a different fruit if strawberries are not in season, or you just don’t like them. Any berry will work here. Try blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries.
- Sweet crust: Another way to change the recipe is to make the crust even tastier with cinnamon and brown sugar added to your crust mixture.
- Different crust: Alternatively, try using other cookiesfor the crust such as Oreos, shortbread, or vanilla wafers. Just blend or smash them to a fine crumb.
How to serve:
This no bake cheesecake recipe is the perfect dessert for any time including special occasions or just because it is Monday.
It is especially good to make during hot summer days because you don’t even have to turn on your oven.
Check out some of these awesome serving ideas or share some of your own in the comments below:
- Toss some rainbow sprinkles or chocolate chips on top for a festive look.
- Instead of a cake pan or pie plate, spread the batter into a 9×13 cake pan and cut them into no bake strawberry cheesecake bars after it cools.
- Serve with a separate bowl of fresh strawberries so guests can add their own as needed.
- Sprinkle some confectioners’ sugar or cocoa powder on top for more flavor.
- For more fresh strawberry flavor, add some strawberry topping like preserves or jam to the top of the cheesecake.
- This goes great with a cup of coffee or a strawberry smoothie.
Frequently asked questions
How can I keep my cheesecake from cracking?
There are many ways to make a perfect cheesecake but if you are baking a traditional cheesecake, there are some basic tips that will help. First, make sure your cream cheese is room temperature. Also, don’t skip the water bath. Another trick is to add a teaspoon of flour or corn starch to your batter.
Why is my cheesecake too soft?
Often, a no bake cheesecake that does not set just needs more time to chill. Try putting it in the freezer for a few hours before trying anything else. This may also happen if you use low-fat cream cheese. If you want to try to fix your cheesecake, add some gelatin or cornstarch to it and stir it up before letting it chill overnight.
What is the difference between New York style cheesecake and the original recipe?
If you have never had a New York cheesecake, you have to try it. First, it is richer and thicker than the regular cheesecake. They use more cream cheese with no cream or other additive to make it creamier. It is a very dense cake. It also has extra eggs and egg yolks in it. This makes it a heavy and thick but perfect dessert.
How to store leftover cheesecake
- Store: Let your no-bake strawberry cheesecake come to room temperature before covering with plastic wrap and putting it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to four days.
- Freeze: If you cannot eat all your leftover cheesecake in a few days, you may as well freeze it. First, cut it into individual slices and then wrap each one in plastic wrap before putting them in an airtight container. They will be good in the freezer for up to 90 days.
- Defrost: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Make your own graham cracker crumbs by putting graham crackers in a food processor or blender. Or you can just put them in a plastic baggie and smash them.
- If you don’t have a fine mesh sieve, you can use cheesecloth to strain the seeds.
- Be sure to use room temperature cream cheese. It is so much easier to blend.
- Before putting the parchment paper in the springform pan, sprinkle a little water or oil in the pan to keep the paper from moving around.
- If strawberries are not in season, use frozen strawberries. You can usually find these in the freezer section of your grocery store no matter what time of year it is.
- Run your knife under cold water and wipe clean before each cut for nice, neat slices.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 1 LB Strawberries: Fresh strawberries work best, rinsed and chopped
- 2 Cups Granulated sugar: Divided
- 4 TBSP Corn starch
- 4 Packages Cream cheese (32 Ounces): Full fat cream cheese for best results
- 1 TSP Lemon juice
- Garnish: Whipped topping (Cool Whip) and fresh strawberries
- FOR THE CRUST
- 2 TBSP Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup Melted butter
- 2 1/2 Cups Graham cracker crumbs
Line a 9″ Springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients and stir well. After that, press the mixture into the bottom and 1" up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Set aside.
Add the strawberries to a food processor and puree until smooth. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer into a medium bowl.
Add 1 cup sugar and corn starch to the pureed strawberries and whisk until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until very thick. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on high speed until smooth and creamy.
Add 1 cup of sugar and beat until fluffy.
Add the strawberry sauce and lemon juice and beat on medium-high speed until fully combined. Stop a few times to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
Add the cheesecake filling to the prepared crust, level the top with a spatula, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight until set.
Garnish with whipped cream and chopped strawberries before serving.
Thanks for reading all about our No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake. Have a great day!