We hope you enjoy the products we recommend. Just so you know, burlap+blue receives a commission from products purchased from this site. Oh, and one more thing, prices are accurate and items are in stock at time of publication.
Sharing easy Easter egg hunt ideas for kids of all ages! These free printable clues are an easy and fun way to celebrate the Easter season!
Easter is such a fun time full of celebration. It’s a wonderful time to welcome spring and the warmer weather. From kids dressed in their Sunday best to cooking up an Easter brunch or dinner, there are so many fun Easter traditions to participate in. Easter egg hunts are one of the most fun parts of celebrating Easter and are a fun activity for both kids and adults alike to participate in.
Traditionally, plastic eggs are filled with eggs and trinkets. However, it can also be fun to have your hunt end with the kiddos in your life discovering fun-filled Easter baskets.
Personal Creations created some absolutely adorable printable easter egg hunt ideas and clues that will help you take your Easter egg hunt up a notch, and we’re sharing them today on our blog. No matter how old the kids are that are participating, they’ve created clues that are perfect for all ages.
We have 20 indoor and outdoor clues for little kids and the same number for big kids as well! This is an easy Easter Egg hunt idea that everyone will love!
Whether you are hosting an egg hunt this year or attending one as a guest, incorporate these Easter egg hunt ideas and printables to make the hunt even more fun for everyone. The printables are super cute and are sure to be a big hit among children and adults alike!
If you’re in charge of planning your group’s egg hunt, make sure to keep a few key points in mind. First, it’s essential to make sure to count the eggs before hiding them to ensure speedy cleanup. Additionally, make sure to choose hiding spaces based on the age group that will be participating in the Easter egg hunt.
It’s usually best to put some eggs in hard to find locations and hide others in more obvious spots. This helps to ensure that the hunt will be fun for kids of all ages! If you’ll be creating your own clues, keep the age group of the participants in mind again. For little children, the clues should be short and straightforward. Those that are older will likely enjoy more complex, challenging clues.
Outdoor Easter Egg Hunt Ideas & Clues
10 Outdoor Clues for Big Kids
- I sit very still when I don’t have a rider, check under my tires to get what you desire. (car)
- Fill me with seeds and put me up high, my guests come from up in the sky. (bird feeder)
- On a hot day, I give you a shady seat. Come sit here now to find what you seek. (tree)
- I am a box with a stick, and and I’m where you’ll find mail quick. (mailbox)
- Use me to give plants a drink, you fill me up from the kitchen sink! (watering can)
- I am where you throw out trash and people say I’m nasty and yuck. But if you don’t find your clue you’ll be out of luck! (garbage can)
- I’ve got charcoal in my belly, and metal feet. Once I am hot, it’s time to eat. (BBQ)
- Use me to cool down the ground on a hot day, I am long and effective I must say. (hose)
- Reach new heights by swinging on my seat, a regular chair just can’t compete. (swing)
- I separate your house from your neighbors, and am made from wood. (fence)
10 Outdoor Clues for Little Kids
- I have windows and doors but I am not your house! I go vroom vroom and love to be ridden. (car)
- You step on me every day before you leave. (door mat)
- I hold food for birdies outside, check my opening for a special treat! (bird feeder)
- I am green and I grow, and what you mow! (grass)
- I love the outside, and have many green leaves. I grow big and tall and you love to climb on me! (tree)
- If you can’t see the Easter Bunny’s bushy tail, be sure to check the mail. (mailbox)
- Don’t touch me if I’m on. I am where adults cook outside. (BBQ)
- I hold flowers in my base, and love to be watered. (flower pot)
- I give light to the porch, so you can see your steps in the dark. (porch light)
- I am where the car is parked indoors, and am a large moving door. (garage door)
Indoor Easter Egg Hunt Ideas & Clues
10 Indoor Clues for Big Kids
- Look under where you wipe your shoes. (front door mat)
- I am where you watch your favorite show, and at night I like to glow. (TV)
- I am always running but have no legs. I am cold and white and always have a light. (fridge)
- Turn me on and you can see, turn me off to let the night be. (light)
- I have hands but no arms, just a face and my hands move at a steady pace. (clock)
- I have a sound that goes beep, and my main function is to heat. (microwave)
- Keep your stinky socks in me, and any dirty clothing that comes to be! (laundry basket)
- I’m full of paper and ink, but I am not a book like you might think. (printer)
- I am under the place where your head rests, after a long day of takings tests. (pillow)
- Go out with a bang and find your last clue in the place your clothes hang. (closet)
10 Indoor Clues for Little Kids
- Find me in the kitchen, I’m a big cold white appliance. (fridge)
- I am where you put your clothes, on the most bottom shelf. (dresser)
- I make a ticking sound and tell you the time. (clock)
- I make a beeping sound when your food is done. (microwave)
- I turn on when you want to watch your favorite show. (TV)
- I hold the books you like to read. (book shelf)
- Check the item that you put on your feet to go outside! (shoes)
- You put bread in me, and it comes out nice and crispy. (toaster)
- I wash your clothes and go around and around. (washing machine)
- Find me when you need to know how to spell a word. (dictionary)
These Easter egg hunt ideas are sure to make any egg hunt a success for kids and adults alike! Don’t forget to create sweet Easter treats for the whole group to enjoy when the hunt is done. You could even create a special Easter basket to share with the child that collects the most eggs!
Once you’re done with the Easter egg hunt, consider sharing a delicious brunch with the group, full of seasonal spring fruits and veggies. Nothing builds up an appetite quite like the thrill of the hunt. Hoppy Easter, everyone!
Thanks so much for reading all about my Easter Egg Hunt Ideas for Kids + Free Printable Clues! Have a great day!