Love buddha bowls? This yummy, all-in-one bowl features lentils, brussels sprouts, roasted tomatoes, avocado and kale for a healthy, delicious meal!
I am here for the buddha bowl trend, and am pretty sure I’ll still be eating them long after they’ve had their day in the sun.
I’ve shared before how to make a buddha bowl, but basically it’s just several ingredients served in a bowl. Most buddha bowls consist of some greens, a grain or beans, some veggies, and dressing.
I make buddha bowls often for lunch or dinner, and today, I want to share one of my very favorites with you!
This healthy and delicious buddha bowl features kale, lentils, brussel sprouts, roasted tomatoes, sliced avocado, and a spicy tahini dressing. It is a perfect fall recipe idea and is so so good!
Full recipe card is below!
What is a Buddha Bowl?
But first, let’s talk about some of my favorite components for a buddha bowl (also called a power bowl or grain bowl).
My favorite base for buddha bowls is kale.
I always massage my kale with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil to improve it’s texture. Next, I love to add brown rice and/or lentils or chickpeas to my bowls!
Learn all about how to cook lentils and you’ll have perfect lentils every time!
Roasted veggies are a must for a healthy and filling buddha bowl. I usually use brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and/or onions. All depending on what I have in my fridge.
Toppings like roasted or sun dried tomatoes, avocado, nuts or seeds, or hummus are next, and I always top my bowl with some sort of dressing.
For this bowl, I used a Cava-brand spicy lime tahini dressing that I found at Lidl. Often, though, I just use olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice, and salt and pepper for an easy and delicious dressing.
How to Make a Lentil and Brussels Sprouts Buddha Bowl
- 1 Cup Kale, Massaged
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Lentils
- 1/2 Cup Brussel Sprouts, Roasted
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Tomatoes (I purchased these from Whole Foods, or you can make your own)
- 1/4 Avocado, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Dressing of Choice
- Lime and Parsley for Serving, if desired
- Prepare your lentils according to package instructions.
- Roast your brussels sprouts by preheating oven to 400 and arranging halved sprouts on baking sheet. Cover sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes.
- Add your kale to a bowl and top with slightly cooled lentils and brussels sprouts. Add avocado, tomatoes, and dressing. Top with lime and parsley, if desired.
Are you a fan of buddha bowls?
I’d love to hear some of your favorite combinations!
Thanks so much for reading all about our Lentil and Brussels Sprouts Buddha Bowl!
Have a wonderful day!