We hope you enjoy the products we recommend. Just so you know, burlap+blue receives a commission from products purchased from this site. Oh, and one more thing, prices are accurate and items are in stock at time of publication.
Raise your hand if you love quinoa? Me too. It seems to be the ombre (or polka dots, chevron, __ (insert your favorite trend here)) of the food world. I’ve made this quinoa tabbouleh recipe many, many times before…it’s the perfect Summer dish, and I figured it was about time I shared it here with you all….
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more for seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (you can substitute plum, vine or slicing tomatoes–I used slicing tomatoes this time, but I use whatever I have on hand)
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread out quinoa on a large rimmed baking sheet; let cool. Transfer to a large bowl; mix in 1/4 cup dressing. Cover remaining dressing and quinoa separately; put in refrigerator.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing over.
adapted from bon appetite
Let me know if you try it! I can pretty much guarantee it’ll become a favorite Summer staple in your home. Enjoy!