Looking for an easy Zucchini Bread Recipe? This better-for-you zucchini bread uses whole wheat flour and less sugar for a healthy breakfast, snack, or afternoon treat!
Love zucchini bread? Me too. And best yet, this is THE last recipe you’ll ever need for this easy and delicious treat.
I’ve taken traditional zucchini bread recipes and made them even better-for-you. Using whole wheat flour, lots of in-season zucchini, and less sugar, this recipe is healthy AND delicious.
The best part of this easy Zucchini Bread is how versatile it is. Add in chocolate chips, nuts, dried cranberries, flax seeds, or even coconut flakes for endless variations.
This recipe makes two, regular sized loaves. Before we begin, let me show you how I prep the bread pans:
To me, there’s nothing worse than bread that won’t release from the pan. To combat this, I cut a sheet of parchment to fit each pan, with sides overlapping so I can easily lift each loaf out of the pan.
Then, for a little extra insurance, I spray down the entirety of each pan with cooking spray. After cooling, each loaf lifted out beautifully and easily!
One more note on this recipe: I made this in my Vitamix blender, but a blender is totally optional! You can easily use a food processor to puree your zucchini and wet ingredients.
To be honest, next time I will probably use my Vitamix for processing wet ingredients, and then add them to my flour/sugar mixture and mix by hand.
It’s a THICK batter, and if you don’t have a high-powered blender (and sometimes even if you do), the batter may be too thick and could overheat the motor.
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil (you can sub in Vegetable Oil, if you prefer)
- Zucchini, Chopped to Equal Three Cups Blended (for me, this equated to one LARGE zucchini)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 Cups White Sugar (I did half white sugar, half brown sugar)
- 3 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (you can sub in white flour here)
- Optional Add ins: mini chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep your pans.
- Add oil to your blender.
- Add chopped zucchini to equal about three cups blended. For me, this was one very large zucchini. You can use your measurement lines on your blender to measure this. If not using a blender, you can do this step in a food processor.
- Add in your salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add egg. Blend together.
- Add in your cinnamon and vanilla. Blend.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your flour and sugar.
- Slowly and carefully add this mixture to your blender, one cup at a time, and blend OR you can add your blender mixture to your flour/sugar mixture and mix by hand.
- If using add-ins, you can mix them in by hand.
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Enjoy! Refrigerate leftover bread for up to 3-4 days.
This is the very best easy Zucchini Bread recipe you’ll need. It’s moist, delicious and even, I daresay, good for you!
If you try it, let me know. I’d love to hear what you think.
Thanks so much for reading all about our Zucchini Bread Recipe: Easy and Healthy!
Have a lovely day!